Frequently Asked Questions
Any questions that are not answered here, we recommend that you contact some of the officials in the start and finish area on the day.
How is it best to get to the start on race day?
– We recommend to arrive by bicycle or bus, parking.
Has the race got its own hashtag?
– Yes, use # 3sjoers, just like our website 3sjoers.no, it is easier and faster than writing “3sjøers” or “3sjøersløpet”
When should we be ready to start on Saturday to enter the starting grid?
– We ask runners to be ready no later than 20 minutes before start time. There is a huge field and lots of people will be lined up behind the starting line. Read more about the start/ starting field here.
I took someone else’s start number at the last minute – can I change the name somewhere online?
– Yes, you can do it yourself. Just go here and follow the instructions: http://3sjoers.no/en/endring-av-pamelding/
Which pacemakers will there be this year?
– Read more about our pacemakers here
Are there prizes for the winners in each class?
– No, there are only prizes for the top three men and women, but all participants will receive a medal and participant prize
Is there a place where you can store clothing while running?
– Yes, follow directions to the start / finish area. The organisers do not take responsibility for valuables.
Is there access to changing areas in the start and finish area?
– Runners will have access to two changing areas in Siddishallen – entry to these being at the mobile toilets on Madlaveien
Are there guards along the race course?
– There are only guards along the race course where hazards exists and where the course is close to traffic – we ask everyone to study the course map carefully ahead of the race
Are there toilets along the trail?
– No, there are only toilets in the start and finish area.
What food and drinks are served in the target area?
– We serve a hot dish to all runners and a 0.5 litre bottle of drink (choice between Coke or water) – it’s just one bottle of drink for each runner.
Is there any cut off time time?
– Yes, the timer is removed after 3.5 hours, those who cross the finish line after this will not get an official time standing
Are sports drinks served at every drink station?
– We only serve water at the first drink station. The rest offer both water and Maxim sports drinks
Is food served at the drink stations?
– No, only drinks are servred at drink stations, hot food will be served at the finish
I do not want my result to be displayed on the web – what should I do?
– Write to Ultimate Sport Service at firstname.lastname@example.org – no later than one week before the race, and inform about your desire and the name and start number
When will 3-Sjoers happen next year?
– The race is held on the first Saturday in November