Frequently Asked Questions
Any questions that are not answered here, we recommend that you contact some of the officials in the start and finish area on the day.
How is it best to get to the start on race day?
– We recommend to arrive by bicycle or bus, parking.
Has the race got its own hashtag?
– Yes, use # 3sjoers, just like our website 3sjoers.no, it is easier and faster than writing “3sjøers” or “3sjøersløpet”. We also use #irun3sjoers
Is it possible to buy a t-shirt?
– After September 12th, it is not longer possible via the registration. But there will be t-shirts for sale at the bib pick up, and it will cost NOK 250.
When should we be ready to start on Saturday to enter the starting grid?
– We ask runners to be ready no later than 10 minutes before start time. There will be 5 starting groups, with 3 minutes between each group. Your spesific starting time will be printed on your bib-number.
Group 1, blue: 1:10 – 1:35, at 12:00
Group 2, red: 1:40 – 1:45, at 12:03
Group 3, yellow: 1:50 – 1:55, at 12:06
Group 4, green: 2:00 – 2:05, at 12:09
Group 5, pink: 2:10 – 3:30, at 12:12
I took someone else’s start number at the last minute – can I change the name somewhere online?
– Yes, you can do it yourself. Just go here and follow the instructions: http://3sjoers.no/en/endring-av-pamelding/
Which pacemakers will there be this year?
– Read more about our pacemakers here
Which prizes are there?
– Everybody will receive a nice medal after the race. There is also a medal for those attending 5 and 10 times. You can check previous races here
There will be a gift card for the best 40, 50, 60 and 70-years old. There will be cash prizes for the race 3 best women and men.
Is there a place where you can store clothing while running?
– Yes, follow directions to the start / finish area. The organisers do not take responsibility for valuables.
Is there access to changing areas in the start and finish area?
– Runners will have access to two tents inside of Forum Expo, one for women and one for men. It will be possible to take a shower after the race in the ground floor of Vikinghallen.
Are there guards along the race course?
– There are only guards along the race course where hazards exists and where the course is close to traffic – we ask everyone to study the course map carefully ahead of the race.
Are there toilets along the trail?
– Yes, at about 7, 12, 16 and 18 km.
Are there toilets around the starting area?
– Yes, most of them inside Forum Expo, but also some outside the starting area.
What food and drinks are served in the target area?
– We serve a hot dish to all runners and a 0.5 litre bottle of drink (choice between Coke or water).
Is there any cut off time time?
– Yes, the timer is removed after 3.5 hours, those who cross the finish line after this will not get an official time standing.
Are sports drinks served at every drink station?
– We only serve water at the first drink station. The rest offer both water and Squeezy sports drinks. The last drink station, at 18k, only offers Cola.
Is food served at the drink stations?
– No, only drinks are served at drink stations, hot food will be served at the finish inside Forum Expo.
I do not want my result to be displayed on the web – what should I do?
– Write to Ultimate Sport Service at firstname.lastname@example.org – no later than one week before the race, and inform about your desire and the name and start number.
When will 3-Sjoers happen next year?
– The race is usually held on the first Saturday in November.