Frequently Asked Questions
Any questions are not answered here, we recommend that you contact some of the officials in the start and finish area on the day.
What does it cost to participate?
– The price is NOK 400 the first week, then 480 through June, 580 through August, and then NOK 680. The price includes administration and card fees.
In addition, the license to the Norwegian Athletics Association of NOK 50. Those born 1999-2008, pay half price.
How to get to the starting point?
– We recommend arriving by bicycle or on foot. If you need to park, use P-Siddis or P-Forum.
Has the race got its own hashtag?
– Yes, use # 3sjoers and #irunstavanger
Is it possible to buy a t-shirt or change the size?
– Yes, until 28 October.
When do we start?
– At 12:00. We start in 5 heats, with 3 minutes between each.
Group 1. Light blue start number. Time: 1:05 – 1:35. Start at 12:00
Group 2. Red start number. Time: 1:40 – 1:45. Start at 12:03
Group 3. Yellow start number. Time: 1:50 – 1:55. Start at 12:06
Group 4. Green start number. Time: 2:00 – 2:05. Start at 12:09
Group 5. Pink start number. Time: 2:10 – 3:15. Start at 12:12
I took someone else’s start number at the last minute – can I change the name somewhere online?
– Yes, you can do it yourself by logging in to your site.
How do I best get to Forum Expo?
– There is a lot going on, and a lot of people in the area, so the parking options are therefore limited. We therefore recommend that you arrive on foot, by bicycle or by bus.
Which pacemakers will there be this year?
– Every five minutes between 1:20 and 2:30.
Which prizes are there?
– Everybody will receive a nice medal. There is also a medal for those attending 5 and 10 times, which you can get when you pick up your number. You can check previous races here
There will be a gift card for the best 40, 50, 60 and 70-years old. There will be cash prizes for the race 3 best women and men, respectively NOK 15.000, 10.000 and 5.000. New course record is rewarded with NOK 10.000.
Best U23 will be rewarded with NOK 5.000.
Is there a place where you can store clothing while running?
– Yes, inside Forum Expo. If you need to change clothes, you may use the tent.
The organisers do not take responsibility for valuables.
Are there guards along the trail?
– There are many guards along the trail, but we ask everyone to study the trail map carefully ahead of the race.
The course – is it the same?
– See the trail map.
Are there toilets along the trail?
– Yes, at around 7, 12, 15 and 18 km.
Are there toilets around the starting area?
– Yes, there will be toilets outside Forum Expo. 30 toilets are available at the end of the hallway inside the hall.
Is it possible to take a shower after the race?
– Yes, you can use the changing rooms in Vikinghallen.
What food and drinks are served in the finishing area?
– Water, Cola and banana when finishing.
Inside Forum Expo you will be served stew.
Is there any cut off time?
– Yes, you are expected to finish within 3,5 hours.
What is served at the drink stations?
– The first drink station only offers water, while the fifth only offers Coke. Stations 2, 3, 4 and 6 offer sports drinks and water. Sports drinks are always served first. The sports drink is Sqeezy lemon flavor.
Is food served at the drink stations?
– No, exept jelly gums at station 3.
Do you have a partner hotel?
– Yet to be confirmed.
I do not want my result to be displayed on the web – what should I do?
– Write to Ultimate Sport Service at email@example.com – no later than one week before the race, and information about your desire and the name and start number.
When will 3-Sjoers happen next year?
– The race date is 4 November.