Frequently Asked Questions
Any questions are not answered here, we recommend that you contact some of the officials in the start and finish area on the day.
What does it cost to participate?
-Through April the price is NOK 480, through July NOK 580, and then NOK 680. The price includes administration and card fees.
In addition, the license to the Norwegian Athletics Association of NOK 50. Teenagers, born 2003-2007, pay half price.
Has the race got its own hashtag?
– Yes, use # 3sjoers and #irun3sjoers
Is it possible to buy a t-shirt or change the size?
– Yes, through Sunday, November 6.
When do we start?
– At 12:00. We start in 6 heats, with 3 minutes between each. The last heat is at 12:15.
I took someone else’s start number at the last minute – can I change the name somewhere online?
– Yes, you can do it yourself by logging in to your site.
Which pacemakers will there be this year?
– Every five minutes between 1:20 and 2:30.
Which prizes are there?
– Everybody will receive a nice medal. There is also a medal for those attending 5 and 10 times, which you can get when you pick up your number. You can check previous races here
There will be a gift card for the best 40, 50, 60 and 70-years old. There will be cash prizes for the race 3 best women and men, respectively NOK 15.000, 10.000 and 5.000. New course record is rewarded with NOK 10.000.
If you want to have your time engraved on the medal, you can order this via registration. It costs NOK 50.
You will then be sent a metal card after the race, which can be attached to the metal band.
Is there a place where you can store clothing while running?
– Yes, inside Forum Expo. If you need to change clothes, you may use the tent. Please note that this year we use the western part of the hall, and that the entrance to the hall has therefore been changed.
The organisers do not take responsibility for valuables.
Are there guards along the trail?
– There are many guards along the trail, but we ask everyone to study the trail map carefully ahead of the race.
The course – is it the same?
– See the trail map.
Are there toilets along the trail?
– Yes, at around 7, 12, 15 and 18 km.
Are there toilets around the starting area?
– Yes, there will be toilets outside Forum Expo. 30 toilets are available at the end of the hallway within the hall.
Is it possible to take a shower after the race?
– Yes, you can use the changing rooms in Vikinghallen.
What food and drinks are served in the finishing area?
– Choose between 0.5-litre Imsdal water or Pepsi Cola and banana when finishing.
Inside Forum Expo you will be served stew.
Is there any cut off time?
– Yes, you are expected to finish within 3,5 hours.
Are sports drinks served at every drink station?
– No, only station 2, 3 and 4. Always sports drink first, then water. Station 1 serves only water. Station 5 serves Coke and water.
Is food served at the drink stations?
– No, only drinks are served.
Do you have a partner hotel?
– Yes, it is Clarion Energy Hotel. Please send an email to firstname.lastname@example.org, or call 51347800, and refer to kode 21867. If you want late check out (16:00), please mention this when ordering. The prices are:
NOK 720 for a singe room, NOK 910 for a double room, and NOK 1160 for a triple room.
I do not want my result to be displayed on the web – what should I do?
– Write to Ultimate Sport Service at email@example.com – no later than one week before the race, and information about your desire and the name and start number.
When will 3-Sjoers happen next year?
– The race is usually held on the first Saturday in November. So in 2023, we plan to have the race at November 4.